Are you an origami creator? Would you like to memorialize a origami figure? Do you know details about traditional models not listed? Are you interested in joining our board or would like to volunteer in other ways? Here are a variety of opportunities!
Call for origami teachers! The Origami Museum hosts the FUN Origami Zoom Club on first Sundays at 1-2:15pm est. The club focuses of simple to low-intermediate models generally. We are looking to have a wide variety of teachers comfortable teaching online. We will start with one session per teacher, and gauge the interest in more individual opportunities.
Materials Requesting for Teaching:
- Origami Teacher Statement: One paragraph. First person using “I”, Me” or “My”. Tells profession information – Personal information (age, location), school, work, professional work, origami experience and interest, goals, and inspirations. Make it informative, interesting and avoid clichés. Only include what you feel comfortable sharing. This will be posted online.
- Comfortable teaching origami online: Please note that this is the current format.
Zoom Club Lesson Specific:
- Model Name
- Model Level: This should be simple to low-intermediate.
- Model Design Creator
- Model Photo(s): When photographing art, it is best to have a natural light source and a solid background. I photograph by a window with the art placed on a large piece of white paper, or in my well-lit white bathtub (lol)! I carefully frame the photograph’s edges, so they only include the paper and not the things beyond. This must be a model you personally folded or have the rights to publish.
Community Origami Clubs
Call for origami club managers in communities throughout the world! We ask for details about the club, teachers, and folders, and their models created via the club. There will be a blub about the club, its history, demographics, and key details. We can feature models of members who teach models with a biography written from the first-person perspective.
- Your Name
- Portrait or other image to represent you
Origamist Gallery Criteria:
- Artist Statement: In first person – half page max
- Biography: Written in third person (under 1 page)
- Virtual Presence: All your web presence you would like listed. Contact info can only be listed in your artist statement.
- Origami Model Gallery Picture(s): You created AND folded
- Model title(s) and simple label details
If you have a large quality of models, you can have multiple origamist pages that you reach by clicking on content topics images on your main origamist gallery. Each specific topic page can include an artist statement and specifics on those models.
If you would like to memorialize an origamist no longer with us, please contact us.
Traditional model submissions
Images of traditional models including titles, key known history, and products or projects featuring them.
Consult quarterly in this volunteer opportunity.
Help us build a museum in the way that best suits you. New types of leadership are welcome.
To submit your participant application please email Lisa B. Corfman at Lisa@OrigamiMuseum.org.
Maynard Folds Contest
Submit to the your folds by Sunday, September 19, 2021! On our Informational flyer, learn about our Maynard Folds virtual origami exhibition contest, the dates, locations, the idea of who can participate, submission information, awards we can grant, Q&A detail and acknowledgements. Sponsored my the Maynard Cultural Council and OrigamiUSA, Lisa's virtual museum will showcase your work. Both children and adults, novices to experts are welcome to submit.
You can discover all about the jurors in the About the Jurors flyer.
You can submit by filing out the Application and submitting an origami model. The creator of the original origami model needs to be credited.
Note, here are the towns in the 20-mile-Maynard-radius catchment area:
Acton | Ashland | Arlington| Ayer | Bedford | Belmont | Berlin | Billerica | Bolton | Boxborough | Boylston | Carlisle | Chelmsford | Clinton | Concord | Devens |Dover | Framingham | Groton | Hanscon AFB| Harvard | Hudson | Lancaster | Lexington | Lincoln | Littleton | Marlborough | Maynard | Natick | Northborough | Sherborn | Shirley | South Lancaster | Southborough | Sterling | Still River | Stow | Sudbury | Waltham | Watertown | Wayland | Wellesley | Westford | Weston.
Register for the Maynard Folds Competition Info Session on Wed 9/1/2021 from 6:30-7:30pm.